Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wedding: Heather & Andrew, September 27, 2008

I'm going back in time for this post to September 2008: Heather and Andrew's wedding day.

This is a wedding where I played more than one role. I was a bridesmaid and also an unofficial photographer of the day.

Heather and Andrew had a photographer as part of their wedding package with the Blackforest Inn, but she was only to be photographing their day from noon until 7pm. As the girls were going to be getting their hair and makeup done early in the morning and then getting ready at Heather & Andrew's house, I stepped up with the D60 and took some photos of the "getting ready" portion of the day and also some reception photos after the photographer had gone.

It was a very fun day. We took a Brentwood Livery limo to get our hair and makeup done at Frenzi, a salon in uptown Waterloo.

Heather & Andrew - Almost Married
Bridal Makeup

After the salon, we went back to the house to get ourselves and the bride ready.
I took some photos of her dress before handing the camera off to my husband, who would be taking photos of the groom and the guys getting ready.
Heather & Andrew's Wedding

I continued to photograph with my point and shoot Nikon L5 (convenient to hold in a small purse).
Getting Laced In

Heather & Andrew's Wedding

At the reception, I decided to get a couple of more creative shots. Heather and Andrew always bring "monster cookies" with them when they travel. They take photos of them wherever they go, so I figured they needed a good photo of them at their wedding:
Monster Cookies
And finally, the obligatory ring shot:
Heather & Andrew's Wedding: the rings

All in all, it was a wonderful day and a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment